CB Insights today named AlphaPoint to its inaugural Blockchain 50 ranking, a list of the top private companies applying or analyzing blockchain technology to solve business or consumer problems across various industries. The 2020 winners are companies tackling consumer and enterprise use cases across payments, remittances, asset provenance, compliance, and more. CB Insights created the list in collaboration with Blockdata.
AlphaPoint was among the 50 selected to the list from a pool of 2,700 applicants based on factors including business models, market potential and momentum, competitive landscape, team strength, investor profiles, data submitted by the companies, and metric scores measuring the overall health and growth potential of private companies.
Quick facts on the 2020 Blockchain 50:
- The 2020 Blockchain 50 companies have raised over $3B in aggregate equity funding across 110+ deals since 2017.
- The list includes five unicorns (companies valued at or above $1B) — Bitmain, Bitfury, Coinbase, Chainalysis, and Digital Currency Group.
- While the majority of the companies are based in North America, 40% of the 2020 Blockchain 50 winners are based outside the United States, in countries such as the United Kingdom and Switzerland.
- Blockchain Capital, Castle Island Ventures, Kinetic Capital, Pantera Capital, and Valar Ventures are the most active venture investors in the Blockchain 50, with 5 investments each since 2017.
- Since 2017, corporate venture capital firms Digital Currency Group, Galaxy Digital, and ConsenSys Ventures have struck 13, 12, and 7 deals with the cohort, respectively.
Follow @CBInsights and explore their vast database of fact-base insights at cbinsights.com