AlphaPoint, a leading blockchain provider, is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer (for Asia-Pacific) to join our team! This individual will be a crucial member of our Infrastructure group, helping to solve technical problems and providing a direct impact on the development of AlphaPoint’s infrastructure. This DevOps Engineer’s primary focus will be mitigating technical issues and maintaining the overall health of our core software systems.
In this position, you will be exposed to the entire system stack and develop a rich understanding of both the system mechanisms and the application business domains. The Technical Operations Engineer will participate in the deployment, monitoring, and management of all AlphaPoint environments, including hardware, operating systems, custom software, and networking elements. The Technical Operations/DevOps Engineer will also participate in the development of the DevOps functions of the department and the continuous improvement of the company’s SDLC practices.
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on diagnosing and troubleshooting computer systems on a Global basis.
- Contribute to maintaining and building our cloud infrastructure (Proxmox, qemu, windows/linux administration).
- Participate in managing security systems, software deployments, firewalls, and load balancing.
- Contribute to our scripting work using Python, PowerShell, and Bash, while understanding how our automation strategies integrate into a unified solution.
- Liaise with Engineers on the AlphaPoint development team to resolve technical challenges and client needs
- Participate in solution development/delivery, using our products and platforms
- Triage and mitigate technical support issues and software bugs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience as a DevOps/Technical Operations Engineer
- Experience working directly with customers.
- 3+ years of experience working directly with: Linux/Unix and Windows administration.
- Scripting such as PowerShell and Bash.
- 1 year of experience with: Basic scripting and programming experience, Automated build platforms (ex. Jenkins, Alerting/monitoring/metrics systems (ex. InfluxDB, Grafana, etc). SQL/MySQL queries, scripting, administration.
- Preferably located in Asia-Pacific.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information and/or another related field.
Strongly Desired Experience:
- Experience with emerging blockchain technologies.
- Experience supporting trading or exchange software (Ideally developed in-house).
- Experience with TCP/IP and Firewall experience.
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.