This position will be managing accounting records, developing strong accounting practices along ASC-606 guidelines for revenue recognition, coordinating auditing processes, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance.
- Develop deep understanding of business practices and implement accounting measures appropriate for business, including revenue recognition policy
- Handle all modifications of historical and present financials to get financial statements inline with company positions
- Develop and execute transition to ASC-606 guidelines
Lead preparation for and completion of audited financials with outside firm
- Design and execute collections process for outstanding AR
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
- Preparing and filling the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with GAAP
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Assist with month end processes as needed
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years work experience in accounting or a related field, preferably in FinTech or Financial services industry
- Must have revenue recognition, and audit experience
- Must have experience with and deep understanding of ASC 606.
- Must have advanced MS Excel Skills
- Proficient in SaaS accounting and Quickbooks Online
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.