The AlphaPoint team is looking for a talented and passionate Data Software Engineer to be responsible for creating and maintaining infrastructure that enables accurate and stable reporting and analysis. This position will be responsible for testing, maintenance, construction & development of data structures and storage within our industry leading blockchain solutions and digital currency exchanges. We are looking for an individual who can maintain data integrity in a rapid and collaborative environment in conjunction with our core C#/Node.JS developers to enhance our blockchain integration and custody offerings.
- Assemble large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Building required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS and SQL technologies
- Building analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing actionable insight into key business performance metrics including operational efficiency and customer acquisition
- Working with stakeholders including data, design, product and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues
- Working with stakeholders including the Executive, Finance, Development, TechOps, and Sales teams to support their data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related technical issues
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 3+ years of experience • Strong capabilities in: SQL, CSV, ETL
- Experience with WebSocket’s and streaming data and HTTP
- Ability to build and optimize data sets, ‘big data’ data pipelines and architectures
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on unstructured datasets
- Ability to build processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency and metadata
- Passionate about rapid development and working with a fast-paced team.
- Knowledge of Bitcoin, Blockchain, or Cryptocurrencies a plus.
- Working knowledge of payment systems and financial trading systems.
- Security first mindset
- Working knowledge of Tableau, a plus
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.