AlphaPoint, a leading blockchain provider, is seeking a talented DevOps Analyst, Monitoring & Reporting to join our team. This individual will be a crucial member of our Infrastructure group, helping to monitor the systems health, solve technical problems and providing direct impact on the development of AlphaPoint’s infrastructure. This Monitoring & Reporting roll will primarily focus on monitoring the systems health by mitigating technical issues and maintaining overall health of our core software systems.
In this position, you will be exposed to the entire system stack and develop a rich understanding of both the system mechanisms and the application business domains. This role will participate in the monitoring and management of all AlphaPoint environments, including hardware, operating systems, custom software, and networking elements. The DevOps Analyst will also participate in the development of the DevOps functions of the department and the continuous improvement of the company’s SDLC practices.
- Develop strong alerting and monitoring systems and processes to ensure continuous product health
- Contribute to maintaining and building our cloud infrastructure (Proxmox, qemu, windows/linux administration)
- Participate in managing security systems, software deployments, firewalls, and load balancing.
- Contribute to our scripting work using Python, PowerShell, and Bash, while understanding how our automation strategies integrate into a unified solution.
- Liaise with Engineers on the AlphaPoint development team to resolve technical challenges and client needs
- Participate in solution development/delivery, using our products and platforms
- Triage and mitigate technical support issues and software bugs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience as a DevOps/Technical Operations Engineer
- Experience working directly with customers.
3+ years of experience working directly with:
- Linux/Unix and Windows administration.
- Scripting such as PowerShell and Bash
3 year of experience with:
- Basic scripting and programming experience
- Automated build platforms (ex. Jenkins)
- Alerting/monitoring/metrics systems (ex. InfluxDB, Grafana, etc)
- SQL/MySQL queries, scripting, administration
Strongly Desired Experience:
- Experience with emerging blockchain technologies
- Experience supporting trading or exchange software (Ideally developed in-house)
- Experience with TCP/IP and Firewall experience.
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.