AlphaPoint is looking for a talented Vice President of Finance to manage and oversee the finance function. This is a “Hands-On” position which includes managing the company’s finances, including financial planning, management of financial risks, record-keeping, financial reporting, AP and AR. As the VP of Finance, you will be responsible for performing financial data analysis, partnering with the CEO and Board of Directors, securing new funding as needed and providing budget management. The ideal candidate will need to balance an innovative approach to exceeding our customers’ needs while exercising fiscal responsibility as the Company grows.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of AlphaPoint with a focus on short- and long-term financial models.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss statements, forecast vs. budget data and weekly cash flow.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations on next steps.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Supervise the creation of reports for the Executive Leadership team or Board of Directors as needed.
- Participate in conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Customers.
- Develop, Implement and Review the application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for investors and company’s Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Calculating and paying commissions and bonuses for sales and employees.
- Creation and tracking of KVPs across the business.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage Management to develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Provide insight and recommendations to both our short and long-term growth strategies.
- Define, acquire and implement the required systems and software to systemically provide critical financial and operational information.
- Provide guidance to the Board of Directors, CEO and Executive Leadership Team as needed.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage auditors and investors as needed.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team
- Provide input and guidance on the development of core strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA is preferred.
- CPA or CFA Required.
- At least 7 to 9 years of experience in accounting or finance.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Must have experience working with the Board of Directors and financial investors.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.