AlphaPoint is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join their exchange team! This individual will be responsible for designing and developing our distributed-systems products and platforms, which powers leading digital currency trading venues and permissioned blockchain solutions. Our software is built using C#, using custom messaging mechanisms over multiple transport protocols, with customized persistence and storage mechanisms, all optimized for high-volume enterprise-class real-time access-controlled transaction processing. In this position, you will work in every layer of the service tier (transports, messaging, framework, data persistence, business logic, …) and develop a rich understanding of both the system mechanisms and the application business domains.
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team focused on delivering world-class industrial-strength distributed-systems software.
- Write in C#/.NET to build and enhance our product offerings.
- Work with other developers, test engineers, and project managers to develop and deliver software products and solution implementations.
- Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of both our trading venue and blockchain platform product lines.
- Participate in solution development/delivery, using our products and platforms.
- Leverage Agile practices to incrementally and iteratively deliver high value.
- Analyze, design, code, and test software elements, with an eye for building functional, performant, scalable, solid production software in a timely manner
- Prepare technical documentation and diagrams.
- Cultivate expertise in relevant aspects of target business domains and apply that knowledge to maximize technology value.
- Assist project and product leaders in making risk-managed planning and release decisions.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in C#/.NET or Java.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work with multi-threading and concurrency
- Able to demonstrate knowledge with microservices and distributed architectures.
- Experience working with low level communications, TCP, UDP, streaming I/O.
- Able to demonstrate a deep knowledge base of Software Testing including Unit, Integration, System and Acceptance.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in writing and interpreting documentation, as well as software/architecture diagrams.
- Able to demonstrate strong knowledge base of CLR, memory management and performance optimization.
- Knowledge of CI (Continuous Integration) and Node.JS is a nice to have.
- Experience as an engineer within the trading systems, financial accounting, payment systems and/or post-trade system industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm about the cryptocurrency/blockchain space.
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.