Our fast-growing Operations and Development team is currently seeking a Development Test Engineer. In this position you will be responsible to write test plans and test cases according to the product requirements. You will work side-by-side with all levels of Development to ensure that test case coverage is complete. You will be operating within an Innovation Development Team through Agile/SCRUM methodology working with Product, Program, Operations, and Technology managers to bring solutions to the market that address the needs of our customers.
- Creation, oversight and execution of test plans, test designs and test cases including collecting results to ensure product specifications are properly developed and working.
- Performing component, system, integration, acceptance and smoke testing.
- Planning and executing test protocols to ensure functionality, performance, stability and scalability at multiple levels of complexity
- Working with test engineers, developers, business analysts and project managers for ensuring high quality releases.
- Building test harnesses, test suites, test scenarios and metric collection mechanisms.
- Analyze test results and prepare load, evaluate performance and envelope projections.
- Work with test engineers and developers to reproduce, locate and identify bugs in software
- Writing up defects with applicable supporting evidence of defect
- Actively participate and/or lead team discussions across multiple groups.
- Influence the requirements definition and software design to maximize testability
- Development and oversight of testing web applications and mobile device applications
- Creating test cases for custom and enhanced applications
- Interfacing and consulting with Product Owners, Project Leaders, Developers, and other members of the team for risk managed planning and release decisions.
- Develop and extend protocols and plans as device features evolve. Cultivate expertise in relevant aspects of target business domain and apply the knowledge to maximize technology value
- Explore and evaluate potential test tooling and test automation enhancements.
- Automating QA and API processes to reduce the total amount of time it takes to test new products and features.
- Integrating test automation mechanisms into continuous integration pipelines.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field OR equivalent, relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in creating Quality Assurance test cases.
- Knowledge of Trading domain and OMS applications
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance and SDLC processes and best practices
- Experience in Frontend QA Automation
- Experience with JIRA and Agile methodology
- Strong analytical, documentation, and communication skills
- Must be proactive and have experience creating and executing test cases
- Must have experience logging bugs with supportive documentation
- Must have experience testing either web applications and/or mobile applications on multiple device platforms
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug software
- Must have experience with traversing through logs and have the ability to understand stack traces
- Familiarity with Linux OS and Linux commands
- Agile (e.g. SCRUM) software development certifications and/or equivalent experience
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.