Our fast-growing Operations and Development team is currently seeking a Software Development Test Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for building and owning test automation and CI/CD pipelines across multiple product lines and varying technologies. You will work with Development to help deliver world class software and be focused on validating new and existing functionalities and finding new and exciting ways to break things. You will help build automated tooling for smoke testing and regression and will build monitoring and profiling tools.
- Lead and engage with engineering team to improve software development production and release speed
- Creating and maintaining front-end and backend (API) automated test suites of component, system, integration, acceptance and smoke testing.
- Creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with automated regressions for key products.
- Creating and maintaining automated load and performance testing frameworks.
- Work with test engineers and developers to reproduce, locate and identify bugs.
- Actively participate and/or lead team discussions across multiple groups.
- Influence the requirements definition and software design to maximize testability.
- Interfacing and consulting with Product Owners, Project Leaders, Developers, and other members of the team for risk managed planning and release decisions.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Strong problem solving, analytical, documentation, and communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug software via application logs or monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Windows & Linux OS and experience scripting and using command line tools in both
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile methodologies and best practices
- Passionate about testing and desire to break things
- Aggressive mentality and desire to work in fast-paced startup environment
- Nice to have: Knowledge of Trading domain and OMS applications
- Nice to have: Knowledge and enthusiasm for Crypto
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.