The swelling debate over fintech regulation takes center stage in Washington the week of Oct. 21. This year’s DC Fintech Week will coincide with a Congressional hearing probing Mark Zuckerberg’s plans to create a Facebook cryptocurrency that could potentially compete with the U.S. dollar. At DC Fintech Week, top U.S. and global regulators, bankers and fintech industry leaders will discuss innovation, global markets, policy and what oversight frameworks make sense for a rapidly growing industry. DC Fintech Week founder Chris Brummer of Georgetown Law’s IIEL will moderate Q&As with an all-star line-up of keynote speakers, including the heads of the SEC, the Treasury Department’s financial crimes office, the FDIC, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and major cryptocurrency companies, Ripple and ConsenSys.
AlphaPoint Chief Legal Officer Kristin Boggiano will speak on Wednesday October 23rd on the ‘Stablecoins and Financial Infrastructures‘ panel with fellow thought leaders.
Stablecoins and Financial Infrastructures
Wednesday, October 23, 10:05 – 11am
- Patrick McCarty, Founder and President, McCarty Financial
- Kristin Boggiano, Chief Legal Officer, AlphaPoint
- Alexander Lipton, CTO, Silamoney
- Tomasso Mancini-Griffoli, Deputy Division Chief, IMF
- Tony Mclaughlin, Emerging Payments and Business Developments, Citi
- John Olesky, Managing Director and Co-head of Loan Platforms, IHS Markit
To set up a meeting with Kristin in DC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Kristin on LinkedIn.