Last Updated: January 1, 2019
1. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2. COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
AlphaPoint’s community, like any community, functions best when its people follow a few simple rules. By accessing and/or using the Site, you hereby agree to comply with these community rules and that:
• You will comply with all applicable laws in your use of the Site and will not use the Site for any unlawful purpose;
• You will not access or use the Site to collect any market research for a competing business;
• You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, invasive of another’s privacy, or promotes violence; or
- discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information;
• You will not “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
• You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
• You will not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Site;
• You will not circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade, or thwart any of the protections in the Site;
• You will not use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download or scrape data from the Site, directly or indirectly, except for Internet search engines (e.g., Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g., archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file;
• You will not use, frame, or utilize framing techniques to enclose any AlphaPoint trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including the images found on the Site, the content of any text, or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page) without AlphaPoint’s express written consent;
• You will not use meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing AlphaPoint’s name, trademark, or product name without AlphaPoint’s express written consent;
• You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure;
• You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Site through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Site through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means; and
• If you find something that violates our Community Guidelines, please let us know, and we’ll review it.
We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Site, or any portion of the Site, without notice, and to remove any comments that do not adhere to these guidelines.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Site contains materials, such as software, text, graphics, images, sound recordings, audiovisual works, white papers, and other materials provided by or on behalf of AlphaPoint (collectively referred to as the “Content”). The Content may be owned by us or by third parties. The Content is protected under both United States and foreign laws. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You have no rights in or to the Content, and you will not use the Content except as permitted under this Agreement. No other use is permitted without prior written consent from us. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of the Content. You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use or posting of the Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited.
If you violate any part of this Agreement, your permission to access and/or use the Content and the Site automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of AlphaPoint (“AlphaPoint Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of AlphaPoint. Other company, product, and service names located on the Site may be trademarks or service marks owned by others (the “Third-Party Trademarks”, and, collectively with the AlphaPoint Trademarks, the “Trademarks”). Nothing on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of the AlphaPoint Trademarks inures to our benefit.
Elements of the Site are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, by any means, including but not limited to the use of framing or mirrors. None of the Content may be retransmitted without our express, written consent for each and every instance.
4. COMMUNICATIONS WITH US
Although we encourage you to e-mail us, we do not want you to, and you should not, e-mail us any content that contains confidential information. With respect to all e-mails you send to us, including but not limited to, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information.
5. NO WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
6. EXTERNAL SITES
The Site may contain links to third-party websites (“External Sites”). These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the content on such External Sites. The content of such External Sites is developed and provided by others. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such External Sites. We are not responsible for the content of any linked External Sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such External Sites. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked External Sites, you do so at your own risk.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, successors, licensees and assigns harmless from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from: (i) your breach of this Agreement; (ii) your misuse of the Content, or the Site; and/or (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, or privacy right.
8. COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS
The Site is based in the United States. We make no claims concerning whether the Content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Site, or the Content from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
9. TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Site, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Site at any time without prior notice or liability.
10. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
AlphaPoint respects the intellectual property rights of others and attempts to comply with all relevant laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove any Content or user submissions deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws.
Our designated agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”) for the receipt of any Notification of Claimed Infringement which may be given under that Act is as follows:
335 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
If you believe that your work has been copied on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our agent with notice in accordance with the requirements of the Act, including (i) a description of the copyrighted work that has been infringed and the specific location on the Site where such work is located; (ii) a description of the location of the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work; (iii) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (v) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (vi) an electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
This Agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of New York, without respect to its conflict of laws provisions. Except for proceedings commenced by AlphaPoint to protect its intellectual property or confidential information which may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction, the parties mutually agree that any and all disputes arising hereunder shall be resolved exclusively by state or federal courts located in the State of New York. If this Agreement is terminated in accordance with the Termination provision above, such termination shall not affect the validity of the following provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect: “Intellectual Property,” “Communications with Us,” “No Warranties; Limitation of Liability,” “Indemnification,” “Termination of the Agreement,” and “Miscellaneous.” You may not assign this Agreement. Our failure to act on or enforce any provision of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in this Agreement. No waiver shall be effective against us unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance. You may not assign this Agreement. Except as expressly agreed by us and you in writing, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter, and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter. The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees.
Copyright 2019 AlphaPoint Corporation. All rights reserved.