AlphaPoint’s Chief Legal Officer Kristin Boggiano will speak at the Fordham Law Blockchain Regulatory Symposium on November 11 at 1:30pm. The symposium will address various regulatory challenges posed by the rapidly developing field of blockchain technology.
Roundtable: Emerging Risks and Legal Issues in Moving Digital Assets Mainstream
1:30pm – 2:30pm
This roundtable will gather the perspective of the participants on what the term “mainstream” means. Does “mainstream” refer to further institutional adoption, or usage by retail customers, or both? The roundtable will focus on the key topic of custody of digital assets. What are the friction points and difficulties in fitting digital assets in the current regulatory framework? What are the potential solutions for custody? The recent IRS guidance highlights the difficulty in dealing with “airdrops” and “hard forks” of blockchain protocols. How does FATF and the recent Joint Statement from FinCEN, the SEC and the CFTC impact digital assets – “securities,” “commodities,” “currency,” or possibly multiple classifications simultaneously.
- Era Anagnosti, Partner, White & Case LLP
- Kristin Boggiano, Chief Legal Officer and Head of Government Affairs, AlphaPoint
- David Forman, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Fidelity Digital Assets
- David Aman, Senior Advisor, FINRA
- Scott Bennett, Partner, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Jenny Leung, Attorney, Blakemore Fallon
- Yorke Rhodes, Co-Founder, Blockchain at Microsoft, Principal Program Manager Blockchain Programming, Microsoft Azure
- Joel Telpner, Senior Partner, Chair of Fintech and Blockchain Group, Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Kevin Werbach, Professor of Legal Studies and Business Ethics, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Steve Wink, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP