AlphaPoint is looking for a talented Finance & Operations Director to manage the finance function and support business operations. This is a “Hands-On” position which includes the preparation and oversight of the company’s finances, including financial planning, record-keeping, financial reporting, AP, AR, and operational duties. As the Finance & Operations Director you will be responsible for performing financial data analysis, working with the CEO to secure new funding as needed, oversee budget management and operational duties. The ideal candidate will need to balance multiple internal and external priorities while exercising fiscal responsibility as the Company grows.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of AlphaPoint with a focus on short- and long-term financial models.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss statements, forecast vs. budget data and weekly cash flow.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations on next steps.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Participate in conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Customers.
- Develop, Implement and Review the application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for investors and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Calculating and paying commissions and bonuses for sales and employees.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage Management to develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operation.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP processes, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Oversee AR processes and provide guidance relating to the collection process
Strategy, Operations, Planning and Management
- Provide insight and recommendations to both our short and long-term growth strategies.
- Provide guidance to the Board of Directors, CEO and Leadership Team as needed.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Support creation of management and board presentation materials
- Select and engage auditors and investors as needed.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team
- Support HR function managing company benefits, 401k plans and 3dr party tools
- Negotiate Vendor & Customer contracts
- Create & implement operational policies to maximize company efficiency
- Provide input and guidance on the development of core strategic initiatives and operational models.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CFA strongly preferred
- 4 to 6 years of accounting or finance experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Very detail oriented with track record of delivering on time and accurate deliverables
- Experience working with external auditors, maintaining internal controls and managing through compliance-related issues is a plus.
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.