The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, and fault-tolerant systems. Infrastructure SRE ensures that AlphaPoint’s infrastructure services reliability and uptime appropriate to the needs of users and fast iterations of improvement. Our software development pays great attention to optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation.
In the SRE role, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale, while using expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis, and large-scale system design. We embrace a culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, openness, and problem-solving. We encourage close collaboration while promoting self-direction.
- Manage day-to-day operations, such as monitoring, backup, performance tuning, and failure handling of core software and database systems
- Execute regular load tests to evaluate current and future releases and analyzes results of 100X increased load across functional capabilities from current baselines
- Create tools and automation to profile performance and application/database efficiency
- Responsible for database middleware testing, maintenance, and management
- Participate in schema design, implementation, and data migration over large MySQL databases
- Help build end-to-end solutions over MySQL and other infrastructure, with a focus on performance, high availability, and growth needs of our customers
- Maintain & leverage automated load & QA testing services
- Participate in regular on-call duties
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5+ years of experience load testing, profiling, and optimizations of scalable systems
- Familiar with developing tools to benchmark the system
- Familiar with popular database storage engines and master-slave replication principles and practices
- Familiar with Windows and Linux operating systems and networking
- Experience with NodeJS and/or C#
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and supporting large-scale distributed systems is preferred
- Good communication and coordination skills and able to work efficiently under pressure
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.